- 2007-2009 FEMA and Homeland Security Professional Development Series and Advanced Professional Series in Emergency Management along with over 20 FEMA Independent Study (IS) Courses and Incident Command System courses - Salt Lake City
- 1983 Masters Degree in Business Administration, California State Polytechnic University - Pomona
- 1978 Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration/Accounting Major, California State Polytechnic University - Pomona
- 1983 Innkeeping - Santa Barbara Innkeepers' Guild
- 1979 Instructor Trainer - Emergency Vehicle Operations National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration
- 1979 California State Vocational Education Certification, University of California at Los Angeles
- 1978 Employer/Employee Relations, California State University Sacramento
- 1975 Emergency Medical Services Planning, University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
- 1973 Certified MICU Paramedic - Harbor General Medical Center, University of California at Los Angeles
- 2007 - Present Emergency Program Manager, Park City Municipal Corporation, Park City, Utah. Under the general direction of the City Manager provides all Emergency Program services for the community, including, education, risk and hazard analysis, maintenance of the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, liaison to the County and State, ongoing training and NIMS compliance.
- 2000 - Present Managing Partner, "ASK HUGH", LLC, Small Business Consulting Services, Park City, Utah. Small business consulting services, focusing on organizational management, financial planning/assistance, Quickbooks®, statistical analysis/forecasting, accounting services, human resources, short/long range planning, expert witness testimony, sales and acquisition assistance. Specializing in Bed & Breakfast/Country Inns, hospitality industry, municipalities, associations, and individuals.
- 1995 - 2002 Vice President/General Manager, Utah Inns, Inc., Rocky Mountain Inns Company, Park City, Utah Manage two bed & breakfast inns, provides consulting services to the industry, a recognized leader and expert in innkeeping.
- 1996 - 1999 Director of Special Projects, Jupiter Property Management at Park City, Inc., Park City, Utah. Special program direction in support of the CEO, General Manager and Controller in human resources, communications and subsidiaries.
- 1983 - 2004 President/General Manager/Innkeeper, The Old Miners' Lodge, Inc., Park City, Utah. President/Gen Mgr. and innkeeper for a 12 room bed and breakfast inn, located in a renovated historic building in a national historic district resort community.
- 1982 - 1983 Chief MICU Paramedic, City of Pasadena, Pasadena, California. Department head over 23 employees, 30 volunteers and 1.29 million dollar budget. Responsible for administering emergency medical services and special events for two cities with a combined population of 150,000.
- 1977 - 1983 Coordinating MICU Paramedic, City of Pasadena.
- 1973 - 1977 MICU Paramedic, City of Pasadena, Pasadena, California.
- 1976 - 1982 Faculty, Mount San Antonio Community College, Department of Health Sciences, Walnut, California.
- Distinguished Inns Alliance, LLC - Member Board of Managers, Vice President, - 2005, President 2006
- Professional Association of Innkeepers International - Member Board of Directors 2001 - 2007, Chairman, 2002 - 2005
- Park City Chamber of Commerce Convention and Visitors Bureau. Board of Directors, 1986 - 1993, 1994 - 1995, Treasurer and Executive Committee, 1987 - 1990, 1995, President and Executive Committee, 1991, Past President and Executive Committee, 1992, Vice President and Executive Committee, 1993
- Park City Area Lodging Association, Board of Trustees, 1991 - 1995
- Utah Tourism Industry Coalition, Vice Chairman, 1988
- Bed and Breakfast Inns of Utah, Inc. (Trade Association), President, 1985 (Founding), 1986 - 1991, Past President, 1992, Newsletter Editor, 1993 - 1995
- Professional Association of Innkeepers International, Charter Member
- Independent Innkeepers Association/Select Registry
- The Old Miners' Lodge - 1998 - 2003
- International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM), 2007 - present
- Utah Emergency Managers Association(UEMA), 2008 - present, Board of Directors 2009, 2010
- 2010 Speaker - Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII) Austin, TX
- 2008 Speaker - PAII Convention, Anaheim, CA
- 2007 Speaker - PAII Convention, Myrtle Beach, SC
- 2006 Speaker - PAII Convention, Phoenix, AZ
- 2005 Speaker - Bed and Breakfast Association of Maryland
- 2005 Speaker - Mid Atlantic Regional Conference, Lancaster, PA
- 2005 Speaker - Heartland Regional Conference, Branson, MO
- 2004 Keynote Speaker - Kentucky Bed and Breakfast Association
- 2004 Speaker - Arkansas Governor's Conference on Tourism
- 2004 Speaker - PAII Convention, Providence, RI
- 2003 Speaker - Heartland Regional Conference, Branson, MO
- 2002 Speaker - PAII Conference, Chicago, IL
- 2000 Speaker - PAII Conference, Hilton Head, NC
- 2000 - 2005 Published Innkeeping Newsletter
- 1999 Staff - PAII Technology Expo, Albuquerque, NM;
- 1999 Staff - PAII/CBA 2nd Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD;
- 1998 Staff - PAII Conference, San Francisco, CA
- 1997 - 2007 - Manager PAII 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, & 2006 Industry Study
- 1996 Speaker/Staff - PAII Conference, San Antonio, TX;
- 1995 - 1999 Elected to the City of Park City, City Council for a four year term beginning January 1, 1996. Council liaison to Summit Co. Board of Health, Summit Co. Olympic Advisory Committee, Grants Sub-committee, Olympic Planning Sub-committee, Employee Recognition Sub-committee and Intergovernmental Task Force. Appointed to Utah State Legislature Sports/Olympic Advisory Committee in July of 1997 for a four year term.
- 1994 Speaker - PAII Conference, Reston, VA
- 1993 - 96 Faculty/Consultant - PAII, Association Leaders Caucus & Innkeeper Intensives
- 1992 Speaker - PAII Conference, Santa Fe, NM
- 1992 - 2003 Summit County Restaurant Tax Advisory Committee - Chair 1999 - 2003
- 1990 Speaker - PAII Conference, Philadelphia, PA
- 1990 Published, Bed & Breakfast Industry Sourcebook, American Bed & Breakfast Association (Research Paper)
- 1990 - 1992 Editorial Advisory Board - Innsider Magazine
- 1990 Published, Innkeeping Magazine, Country Inns B & B Magazine
- 1989 Speaker - BBINC/BBISC 3rd Annual Conference, San Diego, CA
- 1989 - 1995 State of Utah, Department of Health, Bed and Breakfast Regulations Review Board
- 1987 Presenter - BBINC/BBISC 1st Annual Conference, Santa Barbara, CA
- 1982 Contributor, Pre-Hospital Care Manual, Elaine Brown, RN, Lippincott
- 1979 Published, Paramedics International
- 1979 - Present Personal and Small Business Tax Consultant
- 1977 - 1983 Emergency Medical Services Special Events Operations Commander for numerous Rose Bowl Stadium events, including Rose Bowl, Tournament of Roses, Super Bowl, concerts, sporting events and many others.